Please list the start and end time for the event covered by the photographer.
1. Order. This constitutes an order for photography services. It is understood that all proofs, digital files, and sample prints remain the property of the photographer and they may be used for advertising, display or any purpose thought proper by the photographer.
2. Exclusive Photographer. The Photographer shall be the exclusive photographer retained by the Client for the purpose of photographing the event and all other photographic sittings specified herein. Family and friends of the Client shall be permitted to photograph the event and all other photographic sittings specified herein as long as they shall not interfere with the Photographer's duties and do not photograph poses arranged by the Photographer.
3. Liability. Although all care will be taken with the images taken at the event, photographer limits any liability for loss, damage or failure to deliver pictures, for any reason, to return of all photographers fees paid.
4. Reservation Fee. Upon signature, the photographer reserves the time and date agreed upon, and will not make other reservations for that time and date. For this reason all retainer fees are non-refundable unless cancellation is by the photographer.
5. Shipping Liability. Albums, prints and all other products or materials will be hand delivered. If this is inconvenient, the items may be shipped to the Client at the Client’s expense by a shipping method that allows tracking of the package and with an appropriate amount of insurance. Liability for loss or damage of any items once they have entered into the custody of the shipping company will no longer rest with The Photographer but will transfer to the shipping company. The Client may stipulate in writing a specific shipping company and amount of insurance coverage, otherwise the client agrees to leave this choice up to The Photographer. Should the client request a shipping value greater then the photographer’s value, the cost of said insurance will be billed to and paid for by the client prior to shipping.
6. Change of Event Date. In the case of a change in date of event, the photographer may allow the booking to be moved to the new date if this date is open in her calendar and at her sole discretion.
7. Acts of God. The photographers will not be held liable in the event of fire, strike, casualty, act of God, or other cause beyond the control of the parties. If due to Photographer illness, then the Photographer shall refund all payments to the Client but, shall have no further liability with respect to the Agreement.
8. Inclement weather. The photographers will not be held liable in the event of environmental conditions beyond its control and reserves the right to decline photography outdoors in inclement weather. The client is responsible for alternate locations for any photographic services. Photography will not take place outdoors during inclement weather.
9. Inherent Defects. Although back-up equipment for most essential items is carried, the photographers are not liable for damages, including but not limited to delay or omission arising from inherent equipment defects or fault, or other causes beyond its control. Liability in any event is limited to refund of all photographers fees paid.
10. Substitute Photographer. The Photographer may substitute another photographer to take photographs in the event of Photographer's illness. In the event of such substitution, Photographer warrants that the photographer taking photographs shall be a competent professional
11. Original Prints. If the Client is providing original prints, digital files, negatives or transparencies owned by the Client to the Photographer for duplication, framing, reference, or any other purpose, in the event of loss or damage due to Photographer negligence, the Photographer shall not be liable for an amount in excess of $5.00 per image.
12. Damage to Equipment. In the event any of the Photographer's equipment is damaged or destroyed, either accidentally or intentionally, by the Client, event guests and attendants, or employees of the Client, the Client is fully responsible for the equipment's replacement at current new market prices.
13. Arbitration. All disputes arising under this Agreement shall be submitted to binding arbitration before one year from the event date in ____________ and the arbitration award may be entered for judgment in any court having jurisdiction thereof. Notwithstanding the foregoing, either party may refuse to arbitrate when the dispute is for a sum less than $200.00.
14. Miscellany. This Agreement incorporates the entire understanding of the parties. Any modifications of this Agreement must be in writing and signed by both parties. Any waiver of a breach or default hereunder shall not be deemed a waiver of a subsequent breach or default of either the same provision or any other provision of this Agreement.
1) Images will be ready for viewing two to three weeks following the event. 2) At this time, an online gallery will be sent to your email address with instructions on how to access the gallery and download your images.
All images are property of Raining Light Photography and Cherron McDonald, including images purchased in a digital collection, and are protected by federal copyright laws. Raining Light Photography reserves the right to use the images or reproductions for display, publications, or other purposes. Under no circumstances can a client use these images for profit, commercial endeavors, in competitions, or for professional display.
Please do not copy images. Copying or scanning images from the gallery, the Raining Light Photography website and blog, or from other printed materials is considered stealing, regardless of intent for use. Raining Light Photography reserves the right to refuse service to anyone who copies images without permission.
I, the client, hereby consent without further consideration, that all photographs taken from this session by Raining Light Photography may be used and reproduced in printed and online publications for the purpose of marketing, promotions, advertising, and competitions. In the case that the subject(s) is a minor(s), I confirm that I am the parent/legal guardian of the child(ren) in this session. If it is not wished to have the images posted on the blog, website, or other social media, please notify Cherron in writing before the session.